The SWW Bimonthly Writing Contest
You don't have to be an SWW member to enter, but if you'd like to join SouthWest Writers, Click here
for our membership application or phone our office (505-830-6034) with your credit card information.
Winners are posted on our website as soon as they are known. Prizes and certificates follow soon after. Please allow up to sixty days after
the contest deadline for the results to be posted.
- The contest is open to any writer in the world. You don't have to be an SWW member to enter.
- See Current Contest for the current topic.
- All entries must be postmarked by the date listed.
- Submit only original, unpublished work.
- Include a cover sheet with the following information:
- E-mail (if any)
- Category Name
- Indicate whether or not it's okay to publish your entry. At the Editor's discretion, winning entries may be published in the SouthWest Sage newsletter.
- Do not put any identification on your manuscript itself.
- Manuscripts should be prepared in standard format: 1" margins, double-spaced unless otherwise specified.
- Entries are not returned, so there's no need for an SASE.
- You may enter more than once, but a $10 entry fee must accompany each entry.
- Decisions of the judges are final.
- Prizes: $150 1st Prize; $50 2nd Prize; $25 3rd Prize + certificates.
- Mail entries to:
SWW Bimonthly Writing Competition
Carlisle Executive Offices
3200 Carlisle Blvd NE, Suite 114
Albuquerque, NM 87110
(Print name of category under your return address)